To contact Mesquite ISD Food & Nutrition Services, call 972-882-5500. For questions regarding meal benefits or applications, please contact the Meal Processing Office at 972-882-5512.
Free & Reduced-Price Meals
Mesquite ISD provides free and reduced-priced cafeteria meals for students who qualify through the School Breakfast and National School Lunch Programs. Every student must qualify each year.
Food & Nutrition Services is proud to serve a healthy breakfast at all campuses.
- All breakfasts are composed of an entrée, one fruit or one juice, and a milk.
- In order to be considered a meal, students must choose at least 3 items including a fruit.
- All entrée items containing grain are 50% whole-grain-rich to provide additional nutrition for growing students.
- Several campuses participate in Breakfast-In-the-Classroom or On-the-House Breakfast in which all students receive a free breakfast.
- Several secondary campuses offer a Grab-N-Go breakfast station, in addition to the hot breakfast, in order to better serve the fast-paced lifestyles of our secondary students.
- Be sure to check out the SchoolCafé app for the most up to date menu at your student’s campus.
If you'd like to join our MISD Food & Nutrition Services team, apply for an open Food & Nutrition position using this online application.
If you have questions about the hiring process or your application status, please contact the Auxiliary Personnel Department at 972-882-7759.
Fill out an application online here
Mesquite ISD menus can be found on the School Café website (schoolcafe.com) or on the SchoolCafé app. This tool contains our menus as well as a complete nutrition and allergy breakdown of each item we serve by school. The SchoolCafé app is also available to download to your phone for iPhone and Android. Just search for SchoolCafé in the App Store or Google Play. Take moment to check out all the great features this app contains – including applying for Free & Reduced Benefits right from your phone.
OnlineThrough School Cafe, you can make payments, view purchase history, and receive low balance alerts. For convenience, setup automatic payments to replenish funds in your student's cafeteria accounts.
The Food and Nutrition Services Department will make accommodations for a child with a disability or life-threatening food allergy based on the diet prescribed by the child’s physician. A complete Physician’s Diet Modification form must be on file with the school nurse before accommodations can be made. The form can be downloaded below or obtained from the school nurse.
For those with non-severe allergies or other intolerances, please refer to School Café. This tool has allergy information as well as nutrition information for all menu items served.